The FAB Corner: What’s In Your Career Toolkit?
6. Take pictures to visually document your involvement, experience and results.
7. Include recent letters of recommendation (within the last 1-3 years) that can speak to your personal and professional abilities.
8. Generate a positive social media buzz. Most business professionals are connected via social media platforms, get in on the action!
9. Join professional organizations to increase your network and visibility. It is important to showcase your interests and involvement.
10. Consolidate your information by only including information that highlights tangible results, involvement and relevance.
P.S. Your Career Tool Kit is always evolving and should be updated regularly so that your kit accurately reflects your latest professional experiences.
Jessica Styles is a Professional Coach and founder of The FAB Network, a consulting firm fostering career and social opportunities for students and professionals. Her company has developed a comprehensive Dept. of Education curriculum to educate students on professional development including resume writing, interviewing and career aspirations. Styles is an Adjunct Professor at LIM College, public speaker for conferences and universities, and has also been featured for her expertise on FoxNews.com, New York’s Power 105.1 and BlackEnterprise.com