The FAB Corner: What’s In Your Career Toolkit?
What does a Career Tool Kit Look Like?
A professional portfolio can come in many forms: print, online, electronic and/or images. There is no particular format or guideline. Your tool kit should align with your interests and experience, as well as meet the expectations of your industry and professional opportunity you’re seeking.
Create Your Career Tool Kit
1. Keep a professional binder in which you document and store day-to-day work information (tracking your daily/weekly routine and progress is essential).
2. Save EVERYTHING including pertinent phone numbers, emails, proposals, etc. If the material has potential to help you in the future, SAVE it!
3. Save copies of work samples and projects that you have directly completed or worked on.
4. Create folders in your email to help you separate and organize important information.
5. Save printed materials so that you will always have a copy (you may even want to scan printed materials in order to have an online version).