Recap: Detroit Catalyst Awards
Last night, UPTOWN Professional and Fifth Third Bank hosted the 2012 Detroit Catalyst Awards at the Charles Wright Museum of African American History. The Catalyst Awards spotlights minorities who have truly made a positive impact in their communities at large.
All nine individuals were recognized at this private awards ceremony in their hometown, in addition to being featured in the UPTOWN Professional magazine. Throughout the evening,attendees enjoyed a live jazz band, cocktails and passed appetizers.
The recipients of the 2012 Detroit Catalyst Award for Corporate Achievement and Community Leadership included:
- Vivian Pickard –President, General Motors Foundation and Director of Corporate Relations, General Motors Company
- Dr. Patricia Maryland, President and CEO – St. John Providence Health System and Ascension Health Ministry Market Leader Michigan Region
- Shawn Thompson, Multicultural Marketing Manager – Ford Motor Company
- Vickie Piner-Lear, Vice President of Quality North American Seating Operations – Lear Corporation
- Alecia Boler-Davis – Vice President of Global Quality and U.S. Customer Experience at General Motors
- Linda Forte – Senior Vice President, Business Affairs – Comerica
- Lindsey Williams – Vice President of Corporate Communications – Delphi Automotive
- Ralph Gilles – President and CEO – SRT Brand Motorsports, Chrysler Group LLC
- Dennis Archer - Chairman and CEO of Dennis W. Archer PLLC; and
- Chairman Emeritus of Dickinson Wright PLLC, who received the Humanitarian Award sponsored by Fifth Third Bank.