The FAB Corner: What’s Your WOW Factor?
5 Steps to WOW
This exercise is designed to help you identify your unique qualities and effectively communicate who you are, with the goal of maximizing your strengths.
- Grab your CAREER JOURNAL (a notebook designated for career info ONLY)
- Free write (meaning write with no end goal in mind, just brainstorm freely) and list all of the positive things you LIKE about yourself. Also, list things that you think others like about you
- If you were in a crowd of 100 people, how would you stand out? What would you do? Say? Wear?
- Describe yourself in one word.
- Make a T-chart and highlight 5 tangible and 5 intangible positive qualities and/or traits
Now that you’ve completed these simple steps, I dare to ask again: What is your WOW Factor? This time, I expect a detailed and concise answer. Get set, go!
Stay tuned for Part II of this WOW Factor series to learn what you should do AFTER you have identified your WOW factors.
Jessica Styles is a Professional Coach and founder of The FAB Network, a consulting firm fostering career and social opportunities for students and professionals. Her company has developed a comprehensive Dept. of Education curriculum to educate students on professional development including resume writing, interviewing and career aspirations. Styles is an Adjunct Professor at LIM College – Where Business Fashion, public speaker for conferences and universities, and has also been featured for her expertise on FoxNews.com, New York’s Power 105.1 and BlackEnterprise.com.