Recap: Columbus Catalyst Awards
UPTOWN Professional and Huntington National Bank recently hosted the first annual Columbus Catalyst Awards at the Columbus Museum of Art. Co-sponsored by Abercrombie & Fitch and Nationwide Insurance, the festive reception and recognition program honored several of Columbus’ most influential and pioneering minority leaders while guests enjoyed live music, food, and cocktails.
Recipients of the 2012 Catalyst Award for Corporate Achievement and Community Leadership included:
- Michael Coleman – Mayor, Columbus, OH;
- Todd Corley – Senior VP and Global Chief Diversity Officer of Abercrombie & Fitch;
- Gale V. King – Executive VP and Chief Human Resources Officer of Nationwide;
- Janet E. Jackson – President and Chief Executive Officer of United Way;
- Justice Yvette McGee Brown;
- Keith Sanders – Senior Executive Vice President and Human Resources Director of Huntington Bank;
- Kimberly A. Blackwell – President and CEO of PMM Agency; and
- The Honorable Joyce Beatty
Husband and wife duo, Donna James and Larry James were presented with the marquee Humanitarian award. Donna is director of Lardon & Associates LLC and Larry is partner of Crabbe, Brown & James, LLP.
The Catalyst Awards initiative was established to spotlight minority leaders who are making an indelible mark on their organizations and the community at large. The esteemed honorees were selected because of their work in diversity and philanthropy as well as being positive role models.